Volunteer at The Art Room
Role Title: Art Room Volunteer
Location: The Art Room, Oxford Spires Academy, Glanville Road, Oxford OX4 2AU
Responsible to: The Art Room Manager
Purpose of role:
- Assisting The Art Room team in delivering art based sessions to help students to raise their self-esteem, confidence and independence.
- Description of Tasks:
- To assist the team in maintaining an attractive, stimulating and well-ordered physical environment.
- Preparation of room and materials for sessions.
- Preparation and clearing of refreshments.
- Assisting in the cleaning and organisation of art materials to help the smooth running of sessions.
- Additionally, assisting the team with running the creative sessions with the children as and when requested by The Art Room Manager
One or more sessions per week for a minimum of one school term (approx. 15 weeks).
We are currently looking for volunteers to support on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience of working with children
- Strong understanding of the challenges some children face.
- Understanding and empathy with The Art Room ethos and quality standards.
- Strong team player
- Organised, creative and empathetic.
- Inspirational and enthusiastic approach to working with children.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A willingness to learn
Training and support:
- Induction and Safeguarding Training
- Support guidance and onsite training from The Art Room Manager
- Refresher Training from Head Office as required
Reimbursement of Expenses:
As a charity we will not be compensating you for your time but any out of pocket expenses will be reimbursed if a receipt is provided, except in the case of mileage (there is a maximum limit of £20 per day attended):
- Mileage costs @ £0.40 per mile
- Public transport costs
Benefits to Volunteer:
The opportunity to develop existing skills and gain experience volunteering in a charity. The satisfaction of knowing you are making a vital difference to the work of The Art Room.